Can I claim Housing Benefit?

If you are over 16 years of age and are living in a rented property, you may be able to claim for help with your rent. Please contact your housing support worker who will be able to further assist you with applying for housing benefit.

Please note: From 1 April 2017, some 18 to 21 year olds claiming Universal Credit are no longer entitled to help with Housing Costs. For more information, visit (this link will open in a new window)

How do I pay my rent with Housing Benefit?

If you claim Housing Benefit this can be paid directly to us, which will make things easier and give you the peace of mind that your rent has been paid. Do remember though, if your Housing Benefit does not cover the full rent, you will have to pay the remaining amount.

I receive Housing Benefit, what do I do about rent increases?

Please send a copy of the rent increase letter you receive to your Local Authority Housing Benefit section. We will also let the Housing Benefit department know about any changes.

How can I report a repair?

There are a number of ways you can report a repair:

  • Call our Housing Services Team on 0121 663 1443
  • Email us at
  • Write to us at: Spring Housing Association Limited Head Office, 22 Old Walsall Road Birmingham B42 1DT or to your local office.
  • Call into your local office and report a repair in person.
  • If you live in one of supported or specialist housing schemes, you can contact any member of staff at the service.

Can I keep a pet?

We realise how important pets are to tenants and so wherever possible we will give consent for keeping a pet. please contact your Housing Support Worker for permission and or further information.

Permission can only be given where properties have private entrances and preferably a garden.  All dogs should be exercised off schemes and owners should ensure they clean up after them.  Owners are responsible for ensuring their pets do not cause a nuisance to others.

Can I put up a satellite dish?

It usually depends on the area you live in, and you would have to contact your local authority for advice. Once you have spoken to them and they have given you their approval, please telephone or write and request permission from your Housing Support Worker  who will contact you to discuss.

Do i need to insure my home?

We insure the building, but strongly advise you to take out contents insurance. Unfortunately, as our policy does not cover your personal belongings, even if the damage is caused for example by a leak from another property, we would not be responsible for any damage done to your belongings.