If you are over 16 years of age and are living in a rented property, you may be able to claim for help with your rent. Please contact your housing support worker who will be able to further assist you with applying for housing benefit.

Please note: From 1 April 2017, some 18 to 21 year olds claiming Universal Credit are no longer entitled to help with Housing Costs. For more information, visit www.gov.uk/guidance/housing-costs-for-18-to-21-year-olds (this link will open in a new window)

How do I pay my rent with Housing Benefit?

If you claim Housing Benefit this can be paid directly to us, which will make things easier and give you the peace of mind that your rent has been paid. Do remember though, if your Housing Benefit does not cover the full rent, you will have to pay the remaining amount.

I receive Housing Benefit, what do I do about rent increases?

Please send a copy of the rent increase letter you receive to your Local Authority Housing Benefit section. We will also let the Housing Benefit department know about any changes.