There are a number of ways you can report a repair:
- Call our Housing Services team on 0121 663 1443
- Visit www.springhousing.org.uk (log a repair online)
- Email us at email@example.com
- Write to us at: Spring Housing Association Limited Head Office, 22 Old Walsall Road Birmingham B42 1DTor to your local office.
- Call into your local office and report a repair in person.
Speak to someone on-site.
- If you live in one of supported or specialist housing schemes, you can contact any member of staff at the scheme.
- We provide a 24-hour service for emergency repairs, 365 days a year.
When you report a repair, we will need to know:
- Your name and address
- A contact telephone number or email
- A detailed description of the repair i.e. what
needs repairing and where the repair is
- The times when it is convenient for us to carry
out the repair.
The targets for responding to day-to-day repairs have been sorted into categories depending on the severity of the repair as shown below. The examples of the repairs are indicative and not exhaustive. They are a guide only.
Emergency – Same Day
- Damage or faults to a property where there is an immediate serious risk to persons or property, for example unstable structures or serious flooding
- Gas leaks
- Dangerous electrical faults
- Failure of heating system in winter when property is occupied by elderly tenants, tenants with young children or otherwise vulnerable
Urgent – Same Day
- Complete lighting failure
- Serious water leaks from tanks and pipes
- Blocked drains
- Dangerous structures
- Re-glazing where its absence presents a lack of security
- Public area lighting
- Blocked toilets (where there is only one toilet in the property)
- Lift breakdown
Urgent – 1 Working day
- No hot water or heating outside winter months
- No heating (outside winter months or where tenants are not vulnerable)
- Leaking pipes/waste traps
Urgent – 3 Working days
- Faulty front door locks (but not lock-outs which are the responsibility of the tenant)
- Blocked toilets (where there is more than one toilet in the property)
- Intermittent electrical fault (‘tripping’ circuits
Routine Repairs – Within 15 working days
- All other items of a day to day repair nature
- Boiler servicing
- Gas safety check
- Electrical safety check
- Appliance safety check
A Spring Repairs Operative or contractor will carry out repair work needed in your home. You should ask them to show you proof of their identity (an ID badge) before you let them into your home.